Insulated Glass Unit Manufacturer PA, NY, DE, NJ, MD, and OH
What are Insulated Glass Units?
Insulated glass is the perfect window solution for commercial projects. The insulated glass unit, or IGU, is designed with two panes of glass separated by a spacer.
For those who are interested in a higher degree of efficiency — triple paned units are available as well.
Laminated Insulated Glass Units
In certain applications, it might make sense to laminate the insulated glass units. Some situations where lamination may be a good consideration include:
- When additional UV ray protection is required or preferred. Specifically in businesses storing heat or light sensitive products.
- If additional protection is needed against burglary. Using laminated glass for your IGU offers additional protection and fortification to the glass, making it much more difficult to break through.
- In areas that are natural disaster prone. Similar to burglary considerations, objects that are dislodged and flying through the air have a smaller chance of penetrating the glass and entering the business when the unit is laminated.
Using laminated glass in an IGU is not a must for every application, but may be recommended by your manufacturer due to the factors above.
How are Insulated Glass Units Made?
There is a primary seal located on the side of the aluminum spacer that goes against the glass, aiding in the insulated property of the unit. The air inside can then be filled with a noble gas such as Argon or Krypton if needed.
In a normal IGU, the spacer will be an aluminum anodized spacer. This spacer can be furnished in bronze to blend into wood tones for door and window manufacturers who require a more subtle design. Other colors and finishes may be available upon request.
Additionally, muntins can be placed inside the unit to give a divided light or colonial look, without sacrificing the high insulation quality of the units. Custom sizes, shapes, and colors are available upon request.
Insulated Glass Unit Cost:
It is almost impossible to give an accurate range for the cost of an insulated glass unit without knowing the specifications of the individual project. The main considerations that affect price are:
- Glass material choice
- Lamination of coating selection
- Gas selection
- Shape choice
- Furnish options
- Muntin requirements
Additionally, discounts are often given for high-volume projects versus the cost of a single replacement unit.
Where Can I Buy Insulated Glass Units?
When looking into purchasing either new or replacement IGUs, explore trusted glass manufacturers in your area. Make sure to look for a partner who has:
- A refined shipping process, competitive warranty, and customization capabilities.
- Clean insulated units. Ensure that your manufacturer us not shipping units with sealant on the glass. This results in additional post-production cleaning fees.
- On time delivery.
At New Angle Beveling, we guarantee a dual seal unit that will last 10 years*.
*Provided it is put in the appropriate frame, installed by an experienced professional, and the climate is conducive for a 10 year life.
Replacement Insulated Glass Units
If your business services the residential market in supplying replacement windows, we supply replacement insulated glass unit windows for certain projects.
These units are custom made to fit the frame and dimensions for the home, and can be aesthetically crafted to blend in seamlessly with the other window units.
To request a quote for a replacement unit, get in touch with our team today.
Though we appreciate your interest, New Angle Beveling does not supply units for homeowners directly. Please get in touch with your local glass shop or repair company and inquire about New Angle Beveling’s insulated glass units.