When it comes to glass alternatives with strength and durability, look no further than Lexan™ GP by Plaskolite.
Able to handle some of the toughest jobs in the most demanding environments, this polycarbonate material goes above and beyond what you expect from standard glass.
Why Choose Lexan™ GP Polycarbonate Sheets
As a general purpose polycarbonate, Lexan™ GP is a suitable replacement for traditional glass that offers much more.
Lexan™ GP boasts several key features, including:
- Up to 250x more impact resistance over traditional glass
- High clarity
- Flame resistance
- Some thermal insulation
- Sound dampening
Compared to a sheet of traditional glass with the same dimensions, Lexan™ GP also weighs less and costs less. Because of its impact resistance, it’s ideal as an additional security measure in preventing forced entries and break-ins even more than tempered glass.
Lexan™ GP is easy to fabricate to your project’s specific needs, whether it requires:
Lexan™ GP Applications
Whether it’s exposure to extreme elements or blunt impacts, this polymer is ready for the same applications as glass with an extra level of protection and safety.
- Bulletproof windows
- Secure area requiring protection
- Customer service windows requiring additional protection, e.g. bank teller window
- Windshields on outdoor equipment, e.g., four-wheelers, tractors, logging machinery
- Windows providing sound dampening and thermal protection
- Additional protection from blunt impacts, e.g., coverings for glass windows at businesses
*TUFFAK GP polycarbonate sheets are an alternative that we may substitute for Lexan™ GP when we are temporarily out of stock.
Ordering Lexan™ GP For Your Project
Ready to order polycarbonate sheets of Lexan™ GP? Or are you unsure if this material is right for your project? Simply use the button below and a member of our team will be in touch soon.